Tzedek America creates immersive social justice experiences to engage Jewish teenagers and young adults.
WHAT WE DO
Tzedek America program offerings:
- A semester and year-long residential gap year, for ages 17-20, in asking and answering vital questions about their Jewish identities
- National and international service learning trips for teenagers, young adults, and mature adults
- Overnight Social Justice Summer Camp programs for high school students
- 1 to 4-day Jewish social justice Los Angeles experiences
- Mitzvah Project Missions for 7th Grade Students
- College alternative spring break trips
- Food justice trips in and around Los Angeles and throughout Southern California
Questions we ponder during every experience:
- Why is social justice critical for the Jew in America?
- What is unique about the Jewish experience in North America?
- What practices and affiliations are available to Jewish adults in communities across the U. S.?
- What does Judaism mean to me?