Position Filled! . . . Let us know if you’re interested for 2017-2018
Coordinator of Residential Life and Engagement position focuses on enhancing the quality of life in the communal living dwelling, including fostering community, providing emotional support, and being attentive to safety and security of residents. The position requires an individual who is flexible enough to assume a variety of roles as dictated by the changing needs of students. It is crucial that the Coordinator is able to relate well to others and handle administrative responsibilities. The Coordinator is more than just a friendly presence; she/he is the crucial link in creating a safe environment in which Tzedek America participants develop independence and learn to live cooperatively.
- Community Development – creates programs and activities designed to meet the needs of Tzedek America participants. As a community developer, hosts "family meetings," has meaningful interactions with community residents and encourages community involvement.
- Jewish Engagement – creates and guides weekly Shabbat and holiday programming in partnership with the Tzedek America Fellows and the director of Tzedek America.
- Facility Management – ensure that there are no facility issues in the house.The CORLE's is required to complete room inventory checks and safety checks on a regular basis.
- Policy Enforcement/Safety – attentive to resident safety, as well as ensuring that residents follow housing policies to maintain a respectful environment. The CORLE's job is to educate the Tzedek America participants and to help guide them in individual and group decisions. The CORLE's job is to inform the participants about how their actions impact an entire community.
- Administrative Tasks – completes weekly reports, grocery shops, administrates blog, updates social media posts, order supplies for the maintenance of the home, organize chores, keep written records of all out of the ordinary incidences.